It’s been… way too long. Ages. What’s my excuse? Work. Too much of it.
Yes, I know – it’s a feeble excuse, but it’s the only one I’ve got. Sorry.
However, you’ve all been on my mind… or rather, the blog has. Every one or two days I’d think, “Hmm… I should write about this.” And then nothing would come of it. Okay, admittedly, it’s not as if I was at work 24/7 – but the combination of lots of things to organise (after all, I had to bring five young climate activists to the inaugural meeting of Kofi Annan’s new organisation – no pressure!) with lack of sleep doesn’t exactly make for diligent blogging. In any case, I am deeply sorry about being so silent for the longest time.
So, what sort of things did I feel like blogging about?
- The EURO 08 and the woes of having high-definition digital television and the only things on are football and tennis. (You can count the grains of sand!)
- The latest Hellboy collection, which I enjoyed quite a bit. And the Hellboy 2 trailers – Guilhermy goodness!
- House of Leaves – postmodern horror or horrifically postmodern?
- I, Robot – there are some films that aren’t even worthwhile when you can watch them for free…
- Team Fortress 2 – but then, everyone’s already blogged about TF2, so I’d only out myself as perennially late.
In any case, I’ll leave you with an impression of the latter. Great fun if you need to blow off some steam. (For gamer nerds: no, that pun wasn’t intended.) Never before has carnage been such family-friendly fun!